National Electrical Benefit Fund

Required Documents

NEBF has designed a list to help ensure that you have enclosed all of the necessary documents with your benefit application.  Any missing or incomplete documents may delay the processing of your NEBF pension application.
Please provide clear copies of the following:
  • Copy of your Social Security card.
  • Copy of your birth certificate / proof of age
If you are presently married:
  • Copy of your spouse’s Social Security card
  • Copy of your spouse’s birth certificate / proof of age
  • Copy of your marriage certificate
  • If there is a difference between the last name on your spouse’s birth certificate and your marriage certificate, please submit proof of any name change.
If you have been previously married:
  • Entire copy of all signed divorce decrees, Qualified Domestic Relations Orders (QDROs), separation papers and death certificates.
If you are on a disability:
  • All pages of your signed Social Security Disability Award.
NOTE:  If you Social Security Disability Award is more than two years old, you will need to send NEBF proof from the Social Security Administration that (1) lists the date(s) of your entitlement to a Social Security Disability Benefit, and (2) certifies that you are currently receiving a Disability Benefit.
If you or your spouse has ever used a different name:
  • Please provide supporting documentation (example: adoption papers or court order).

Click here to download Required Documents